Photo by Tyson Wheatley.
Join our team
INTERN WITH GALLIM
Internships at Gallim offer individuals the unique opportunity to be involved in a dynamic, world-renowned arts organization that supports and shares the dynamic artistic vision of Artistic Director & Choreographer Andrea Miller.
Interns function as integral members of the Gallim administrative team and work out of the company’s office and rehearsal space in Brooklyn’s Clinton Hill neighborhood. They are charged with upholding the organization's work standards, ethics, and policies.
Internships with Gallim are typically a semester-long commitment of at least 15 hours per week, with extensions possible, and a stipend. School credit is also available upon request.
As a Gallim Intern, you will receive:
• Invaluable training and mentorship towards your professional career in arts administration at a world-class dance company, at a particularly critical time of tremendous growth and strategic opportunity
• Material to include in your professional portfolio
• Discounted performances and dance classes (when available)
• University credit, work-study, independent study, and/or cooperative learning programs
• A weekly stipend for a minimum of 15 hours of work per week
QUALIFICATIONS FOR GALLIM'S INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Candidates must have excellent organizational skills, interpersonal ability, writing ability, and communication skills. Attention to detail and deadlines are required from all interns. Candidates must be proficient using all social media platforms, Microsoft applications, Adobe programs, and Google Suite. Experience with Patron/Salesforce is preferred but not required.
We encourage candidates to express additional areas of interest in which they’d like to gain experience. We offer a flexible environment and look forward to collaboration and intersection across roles. Candidates with consistent weekly availability are encouraged to apply.
Criteria for acceptance are the same for everyone without regard to race, color, gender, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or veteran status. We appreciate your interest and look forward to receiving your materials.